Thursday, April 11, 2013

Japanese Prince Starts School and One Day Ornament - Let It Snow

I read in the Yomiuri Shinbun that six year old Prince Hisahito, who is third in line to the Chrysanthemum Throne, attended the entrance ceremony for Ochanomizu University Primary School in Tokyo this weekend. He was accompanied by his parents, Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko, and is the first member of the Imperial family not to be enrolled in the Gakushuin Primary School in the post-World War II era. I hear and read so little about the royal family here that I thought this was worth making note of.
 
Let It Snow ornament
This little snowman is a Prairie Schooler design, stitched on Zweigart country cream 14 count Vintage Aida with cotton floss and Kreinik silver cable. The blue backing fabric is from my stash.

 
Putting right sides together, I stitched the front to the back, leaving an opening at the top to start the cording and an opening at the bottom to stuff it.


I made black and red cording with #5 perle cotton, then stuffed the ornament and stitched the opening closed.

I attached the cording to the ornament with invisible thread.

 
Here is the finished-in-one-day ornament.

3 comments:

Margaret said...

Cute ornament. Do you sew by hand or by machine?

Pamela said...

Margaret,
It's done by hand.

Rhiannon said...

So sweet! I love snowmen...but I'm glad winter looks to be over with for now here :D Of course, I could make a pollen-man soon with all of the yellow/green on the cars. ;)