Thursday, August 7, 2014

Off on Another Big Adventure!

I’m leaving this morning for a big stitching adventure in the UK.  I’m taking the canvas landscape class at the Royal School of Needlework and spending a week at the Bath Summer Textile School, taking two classes, one with Jean Littlejohn and Jan Beaney and one with Janet Bolton.  I’ll also be sight seeing in Oxford and London, with several stitching and textile exhibits on my itinerary.  I’ll be taking pictures and will post all about my trip when I return.  I hope all these guys aren't on my flight!

I can’t be sure of my internet availability while I’m gone, so I am scheduling posts to appear while I’m gone.  The past few months I have been secretly stitching ornaments, so I can post and write about one each day I am gone. Some will be for our tree and some are for gifts.  Here is my first ornament –

The Elf with Candle ornament
This little elf was part of a larger tablecloth pattern of elves and black cats from the Danish Handcraft Guild.  I used cotton floss on 28 count evenweave and made the cording from the same floss.


8 comments:

KreinikGirl said...

Have fun! Ornament looks great.

Elizabeth Braun said...

Safe journey and hope you have a great time here in the UK. Shame I'm too far away for a meet and chat.

You'll be OK for net access here. Most hotels etc have it available.=)

Mizumatte said...

have a wonderful time in England.Jaana

Queeniepatch said...

How organised you are! I hope you will have a great time in the UK.

Beth in IL said...

Have a wonderful trip! Can't wait to hear about your adventures.

Manuela said...

Lovely ornament.
Have a wonderful time in England.

Greetings, Manuela

Wendy said...

oh wow, i'm so jealous! have an amazing time and tell us all about the course when you get back!

Anonymous said...

Have fun in the UK! Went to Wimbledon once -gorgeous little town. Loved Oxford too. wishing you many inspirations!