I pulled this project out last week as one of my "abandoned" projects. In the bag with the started stitching were the threads and four sets of instructions. The first set of instructions said it was an ANG Chapter On-Going Project for the 2006-07 year. The schedule showed seven sets of instructions to be handed out over the year and a show & tell display at the final meeting of the year in June. I don't know why I only have the first four sets of instructions and I don't remember seeing anyone's finished samplers. I guess I missed that meeting.
The first set of instructions gave advice on choosing threads, and all four gave different choices of motifs and alphabets and ideas, so you could choose big or small or what you liked, etc. The instructions look good. I had picked out and stitched things from the first three sets of instructions. I like what I had done so far and I like the threads. I think I'm going to try to make it work for the shoulder strap on my crazy quilt bag. Even though I only have four sets of instructions, I think there are plenty of things to choose from to be able to do the entire length.
These two photos show what I had done previously and what I have added. It's long and skinny and hard to photograph.
I'll see how it goes. I hope I can figure out how to make it work for the bag's strap.