Sunday, November 25, 2018

Japan's Passport is Stronger Than Any Other




I recently read an article about British consulting firm Henley and Partners' annual passport utility ranking, which found the Japanese passport to be the strongest in the world. The rankings are compiled by giving one point for each country a passport holder can enter without a visa or can obtain a visa upon arrival at their destination. Japanese passport holders have easy access to 190 countries. Singapore is in second place with 189 countries. Third, fourth, and fifth places have ties with several countries: 

Third place (188 countries): Germany, France, Korea 

Fourth place (187 countries): Italy, Spain, Sweden, Denmark, Finland 

Fifth place (186 countries): USA, UK, Norway, Austria, Luxemburg, Netherlands, Portugal  


On the other end of the ranking in 106th place are Afghanistan and Iran with access to only 30 countries each.


Being a United States of America passport holder means I can easily access 186 countries. How about you?  Are you from a country with a strong passport?

7 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

I can enter 187 countries, so it seems that there is one country that I can enter easily, and you can't! I wonder what that country can be?

Julie said...

I am one of those rare people that doesn't hold a passport.

Jeanie said...

I'm from the US too and this reminds me that if I don't renew my passport soon, I won't be able to go anywhere with it, even our neighbors to the north!

kiwikid said...

NZ squeezes in at # 7, I can enter 183 countries , not too bad.

Leonore Winterer said...

I think Germany used to be top of the list when I last checked it, there is always some movement. I quite enjoy living in a world where we can travel so freely!

D1-D2 said...

Canada is not even on this list :o I always thought our passport was good.

D1-D2 said...

I went to look it up, it's in the number 3 rank. I was worried there.