Tuesday, September 29, 2020

A Few Updates

 The baby panda at the zoo in Washington DC is over a month old and is starting to get really cute.  





My ballot for the 2020 US presidental election was accepted!





New Prime Minister in Japan - Former Prime Minister Shinzo Abe resigned due to poor health on August 28th and Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga became the new prime minister, without any fuss or drama, three weeks later.  He was the chief cabinet secretary under Prime Minister Abe from 2012, and his salary as prime minister is 26,860,910 JPY per year.  (Also, his wife is from my town.)





Coronavirus Cases in Japan - There have been about 81,000 total cases confirmed in Japan, with about 1560 deaths since the outbreak began. In my prefecture, Shizuoka, there have been 532 cases and 2 deaths.


Typhoon News - there has been only one storm to hit Japan so far this year.  It passed over Kyushu, not near where I live.  


If there is something else you'd like an update on, let me know in the comments.



8 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

How about the First Snow on Mt Fuji?

Pamela said...

I saw a dusting of snow yesterday but didn’t take a picture. I just looked out and there are big white clouds blocking my view. I will try to take a picture soon.

kiwikid said...

Interesting updates, good to hear your ballot was accepted.

jacaranda said...

Thank you for the updates. Your weather has changed quite quickly, it wasn’t that long ago that you had searing heat of summer.

Vireya said...

Your prefecture has obviously done well at keeping the virus under control. The baby panda is very sweet. Hooray for knowing that your vote has been successfully registered!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

We are supposed to get ballots in the mail. Terry and I are going to find a drop box for them. Not trusting the post office too much since trump got his hands on it.
xx, Carol

Jeanie said...

Loved all the updates. I'll be dropping off my ballot tomorrow. Love the panda and so glad you have been typhoon free in your area.

Leonore Winterer said...

I'm getting tired of politics lately (not that I want you to stop talking about them, I don't!) so I decided to focus on the really cute panda for now - awwwww he's really precious ^_^