Sunday, September 13, 2020

Restaurant Face Mask


Two of my students told me about a face mask that you can wear at the restaurant while you are eating. They were trying to convince me that it is safe to go to crowded restaurants.  The restaurant involved is a chain family restaurant called Saizeriya. I've never been to one of these restaurants, but they seem to be popular.  The first time I heard of the restaurant, I thought the person telling me was saying "Size Area".  It sounds the same as "Saizeriya" to me.  


Anyway, after the class, I googled Saizeriya face mask and found this story from asiaone. It's not really a restaurant mask.  It is a regular white disposable face mask that you fold and tuck a paper napkin into.  It's like a face bib. This might make some people feel safer at the restaurant, but I feel safe eating at home without a mask.  


What do you think? Would you feel safer at the restaurant with a paper napkin tucked into a face mask folded to cover your nose?

9 comments:

Lauriejo said...

I don't know about being safe, but it for makes you look ridiculous. I've gotten used to avoiding restaurants (required diet restrictions) so I'll pass. You maybe won't be as likely to breathe in particles, but what about surface particles on that fork you are putting in your mouth.

Queeniepatch said...

Well one thing is for sure, the Japanese are good at coming up with ideas!
I will continue to eat safely in the safety of my own home for some time.

kiwikid said...

I feel safer at home, most of the restaurants here are still closed.

Vireya said...

I won't be eating in a restaurant any time soon, even if they were open, which they aren't!

jacaranda said...

No restaurant dining for me or wearing a mask like that one. I must admit, I did have a giggle. One advantage of mask wearing, I haven’t worn lipstick in a long time, no need to buy a new one.

Sheryl said...

I think I prefer dining at home at the moment and couldn´t enjoy eating a meal with a mask like you show us.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I have no desire to eat inside a restaurant, but we have eaten at tables outside. We wear a mask except when actually eating. It's still a little iffy, but the one we go to has only 3 little tables out front. We don't eat at the back patio area as it doesn't seem as safe. We only go one a week or so when we take a trip to town for groceries.
xx, Carol

Jeanie said...

I won't feel safe at a restaurant for a long time, no matter what is on my face or anyone else's.

Leonore Winterer said...

I've been to a couple of restaurants since lockdown has eased (but sat outside everytime but once). It wasn't really crowded, though. And I still feel a little uneasy sitting there, so I don't think that kind of mask would help much!