Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Foot Operated Vending Machine

 Vending machine technology is keeping pace with the pandemic. Dydo vending machine company has come up with a foot operated drink machine for those who are reluctant to touch the buttons with fingers when making a purchase. 




At the bottom of the machine are buttons with numbers corresponding with the drink offerings.  All you have to do is touch the button with your foot. There is also a foot pedal on the right side to open the plastic door to get the drink bottle. There are cashless payment options too, so the only thing you have to touch is the bottle of the drink you are purchasing.  


What do you think? Are you afraid to buy a vending machine drink during the pandemic?  Would this machine make you feel safer?

8 comments:

kiwikid said...

There aren't any vending machines where I live, the only similar kind of thing I come across is the parking building in Geelong and they have put in a sensor so you dont have to push the button. I also have hand sanitiser in the car if I need it. Will the foot buttons stay do you think?

Anonymous said...

How ingenious! (Leave it to Japan to come up with something like this!)

If I were at all inclined to use a vending machine this would certainly be the kind I would choose.

Still shaking my head with bemusement...thanks for noticing this one and passing it along to us, Pamela.

Len, south of Seattle

p.s. I LOVED your fall picture display--they would make a wonderful seasonal screen saver.

diamondc said...

Pamela: Interesting machine.

Catherine

Queeniepatch said...

The Japanese always find a business chance in any situation!
I would press the button with my hand and then use hand sanitiser after I had completed the purchase. There is of course no guarantee that the can itself isn't infected - the service man might just recently have stocked the machine with contaminated hands... They say that the virus stays active on a surface for at least 9 hours.

Jeanie said...

If I have to touch buttons (like on the atm) I always wear rubber gloves and I would do that at a vending machine too. The foot thing is a great idea!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I am freaky about some germ things, and it didn't start with Covid. I don't like to use public pens. I cannot touch bathroom doors with a bare hand. I rarely buy from vending machines...but not due to germs. I just don't. I think these vending machines are cool. People in the USA would probably break them.
xx, Carol

Vireya said...

That's a great idea!

Leonore Winterer said...

Usually with these posts, I am astonished with the Japanese inventiveness, but this time I have something to counter: on our town market, there have been bratwurst stands with foot-operated ketchup/mustard dispensers for a couple of months now!