Friday, February 2, 2024

Ideas for Future Stitching

My wonderful friends gave me an Amazon gift card. I ordered the two items pictured below. 


The kimono remake book, with tons of ideas and patterns, was shipped from Japan and arrived the next day. The book is in Japanese, with many pictures and diagrams.  Good thing I am able to read pictures and diagrams! I'm excited about remaking some of the kimonos I have.


The crazy quilt stencils and stitch book came from the UK and took a long time to arrive. I haven't worked on a crazy quilt project in quite a while, and I am looking forward to a new one.



 What do you think about my choices?

4 comments:

Toki said...

There are so many people trying to remake their Kimonos. I can understand the desire to keep a memorable Kimono by transforming it into clothes or accessories.
I think it's great that your project gives Kimonos a new life.

Queeniepatch said...

I agree with Toki-san, there are too many kimonos that need new life blown into them. The dress on the cover of the book looks nice and simple.
Templates are so very useful for crazy quilt seams, but also for other types of embroidery. What you need is a good method of marking. Some cq materials, like velvet, can be impossible to mark...

Jeanie said...

You will NOT be bored -- so much to do and all fun!

Leonore Winterer said...

Great choices! You might even be able to combine both and add some embroidery to your kimono remakes.