Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Work In Progress Wednesday and Update on Miss Japan Winner

A Quick Update

How quickly the news changes! Yesterday, I posted about Miss Japan 2024, Karolina Shiino, a 26 year old, Ukrainian born, naturalized Japanese citizen. Yesterday afternoon, I read on JapanToday that she had given up her title, after the weekly magazine Shukan Bunshun reported on her relationship with a married doctor.  The Miss Japan Association states the competition's top honor will remain vacant for the rest of the year.


On to the stitching report...

This is an update on my new start from last week. It's a fun project with larger blocks of the same color cross stitches. There are five individual characters that I am stitching together on one piece of fabric. The five are designed by Antonina Taskaev.





Just a bit of progress on the International Pandas.




Here is my progress on the EGA drawn thread project. I completed sections 6 and 7. These two were a little difficult for me because they were not to be pulled tight.






Section 6 (upper) is the wave stitch. Section 7 (middle) is the stem stitch.


5 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

Well, well, well! What a disgrace!
Your Moomin embroidery looks easy with the larger blocks of solid. Will there be a Moomin house and a tent for Snusmumriken (Snufkin)?

Toki said...

This is poor result even thought I was selected from a large number of candidates.😵
It's great that you've started a new project.

Jeanie said...

Loving your pandas! Now, I would have thought she'd have resigned because of the other pressures! Who would have even entered under that circumstance!

kiwikid said...

I would have thought the negative comments would have forced her to resign. I have a Japanese friend here in Aus who had an affair with a married man in Japan for many years - we were told it was normal behaviour??

Leonore Winterer said...

Wow, I guess that is more important than the question about her ethnicity, after all! What a shame, her holding the title mighth ave had symbolic value for foreigners in Japan all around.

Your stitching, as usual, is lovely! Lots of progress on the Moomins. And great progress on the drawn threa project as well!