Sunday, February 18, 2024

Shohei Ohtani Donates 60,000 Gloves to Elementary Schools in Japan



Shohei Ohtani, the Japanese baseball superstar who now plays for the Los Angeles Dodgers, donated 60,000 youth baseball gloves to about 20,000 elementary schools in Japan.  He said he wants to inspire a love of baseball in the next generation. He wrote "I'll be looking forward to sharing the field one day with someone that grew up using this glove!" 


With all the evil in the news these days, it makes me feel happy that there is still good in the world.


Someone I know teaches English at an elementary school and shared with me photos of the gloves and the letter that arrived with them.



5 comments:

Jeanie said...

Very cool.

kiwikid said...

What a wonderful thing to do! Lovely to read something happy.

Toki said...

He’s a great person, even more than a baseball player.⚾🏟🙌

Queeniepatch said...

New concerning Shohei Ohtani always lifts my spirits!

Leonore Winterer said...

When I first read the title, my brain went to latex gloves or something like this. 60.000 baseball gloves are equally more fun and more impressive!