Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Maid School Japan

Maid School Japan is accepting applications for its very first term.



It was created under the supervision of the Butler Association Japan, and it will provide training in household services to wealthy clientele. (It has nothing to do with working in a Japanese Maid Cafe). The curriculum will cover 12 topics.


  1. The foundational character and professional mindset of a maid

  2. Manners, demeanor and grooming

  3. Communication techniques and mindful choices of words

  4. Fundamentals and applied techniques of luxury home cleaning

  5. Practical applications of table settings and meal service

  6. Confidentiality obligations and handling of personal information

  7. Understanding the way of life and needs of wealthy society

  8. Fundamentals of household management

  9. Care and management of clothing and valuables

  10. Practical guest relations and VIP hospitality

  11. International etiquette and global service

  12. Comprehensive exercises and concluding examination


The training is said to be useful in a variety of fields, not only household management. The Japan Maid School points out its usefulness to those working in travel and hospitality, salespeople, consultants, and executive assistants. 


Classes are conducted online through Zoom, by currently working maids and butlers. Applicants be at least 20 years old, and no prior experience is required. Applications can be submitted online, and both male and female students are accepted. Tuition for the complete course is 290,000 yen. Classes will be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9:00 - 10:30 pm, with a limit of 20 students per course. The first term will be conducted July 28 - September 3.


When I first heard of this, I thought of  Upstairs, Downstairs and something very British. Then when I read three hours a week over Zoom, that idea was gone. I never aspired to be a maid, but if I did, I think I’d want some kind of on the job training situation. What do you think of this program?

No comments: