Disney to Raise Ticket Prices
Beginning October 11th, the cost of one day adult tickets at Tokyo Disneyland or DisneySea will increase to 12,400 yen, with tickets for ages 12-17 increasing to 10,200 yen, and children ages 4-11 increasing to 5900 yen.
An official with Oriental Land Co., which operates the Disney parks, said the price hikes were due to the increased value of the parks, with the 2024 opening of the Fantasy Springs port in DisneySea as well as the higher outlays for construction and personal expenses. The official hopes Disney guests will understand that this was necessary to make sure everyone enjoys the parks.
Disney Parks are incredibly popular with Japanese children AND adults. I think people will pay the increased price and continue to visit the parks.
People are always surprised that I’ve never been and don’t care to go (at any price). My only Disney park experience was once when I was in high school when my high school’s marching band went to Florida by bus and marched in several locations in Florida, including Disney. (I was a flag carrier and our uniform was a short skirt and white boots). I don’t remember a lot about the Disney experience.
Back to the ticket price increase - do you think this is reasonable for you and or your family? I’m sometimes called cheap (I prefer to say I am frugal), but I can think of better ways to spend that much money.
No comments:
Post a Comment