Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Work in Progress Wednesday - Getting Unstuck #4 - Wallet Finish

I finished the stitching on this sampler some time ago, with the idea of making it into a wallet.  You can see the finished stitched piece here.  I became stuck at that point because I wasn’t sure what to do with it to make it into a wallet. I decided I needed to just do it, and here it is.  (In the photos it looks like the flap is wider than the rest, but I think it's because it is closer to the camera.)
Front and back, closed.

Front and back, untied.

Front and back, open.

I used a blue bali print for the lining and made two sections inside. It was difficult to photograph the inside sections. 

I made the cording for around the edges and the closure tie from Waterlillies that I used for stitching the alphabets.  The tie is tacked down in one place.

Done is better than perfect. It feels good to get "unstuck" and finish these things.

3 comments:

  1. Very good! I think you did a great job. I am with you. Finished is better than perfect. I may actually "finish" some ornaments soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's lovely! The cording really finishes it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely finish.
    Greetings Manuela

    ReplyDelete