Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Work In Progress Wednesday - Sampler Wallet Progress

I finished stitching the sampler.  It was difficult to follow the chart at times – I wanted to “fix” the mistakes.  I think I managed to stitch it exactly wrong.

 
I used Waterlillies thread.  The colors are 236 Appalachia, 029 Seafoam, 017 Blue Lavender, 177 Sapphire, 018 Peacock, 019 Tropic Seas, and 041 Blueberry.



 
I’m not sure what I’ll line the wallet with yet.  Here are two possibilities.

 
Check out the progress of other stitchers at PinTangle.

9 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

If that is stitched 'exactly wrong' you have done the right job! It is a lovely sampler and I find that some of the letters are formed just the way I had to teach Japanese children the handwritten Roman Alphabet. Many are totally different from the traditional Swedish script, though.
If I were to line the wallet with either of your alternatives I'd pick the blue one.

Janie said...

Beautiful, colors are lovely for sure.

Thoeria said...

Beautiful! I love the waterlillies you've used for this project :) Can't wait to see which fabric you'll choose

Blue Moth said...

This will be so lovely. I too would go for the blue to reflect the colours of the threads.

Annette-California said...

So so beautiful!!! WOW gorgeous colored threads you used. NO way you did it wrong:)
love Annette

Manuela said...

The Sampler looks great. Wonderful colours .
I would choose the blue fabric.

greetings, Manuela

Andy Lloyd Williams said...

I really love alphabets and yours are superb. The colours are beautiful - what lovely threads. The blue would make a lovely lining.

crazyQstitcher said...

The threads, colours and letters are all beautiful and so neatly stitched. I'd also go for the blue, which wouldn't detract from the sampler.

Anonymous said...

it is great pleasure to look at your sampler.