Thursday, June 6, 2019

Yokohama Quilt Show Class

Last Saturday I met Queenie at the Pacifico Yokohama Exhibition Hall for the Quilt Time Festival 2019



It was much smaller than the January Tokyo show, but it had some of the same featured designers and many beautiful quilts.  


The first thing we did was take one of the mini classes offered.  The one we chose was making a necklace. Here is the information from the website: 

くるみボタンのネックレス

講師:
日本キルターズ協会ヨコハマ縫人くらぶ
開時:
6/1(土)午前
受料:
800円


One of the teaching ladies had spent time in the US and was very happy to be using her English skills with us.



Thre were no kits with blue fabrics so I chose brown.








The class was a fun way to start the day and we wore our creations the rest of the time at the show.  I'll be posting photos of the quilts and exhibits soon!



12 comments:

Janie said...

Nice necklace finish! That's the best kind of class when you can finish with a great project.

SUWA said...

It looks like you enjoyed the Event.Your blue shirt makes a good match with the brown necklace!

Queeniepatch said...

Whenever I put on my necklace I will travel back in my mind to the great time I spent with you.

kiwikid said...

Wonderful class and a great momento of the day.

diamondc said...

Pamela: You look so happy at this class.
Love the necklace, so cool.

Catherine

Vireya said...

That looks like a fun activity to do with a friend, and you both ended up with lovely necklaces.

DUTA said...

I like immediate results of a teaching class like in this case - a lovely necklace worn around your neck.

Julie said...

Very nice, a lovely way to start your day at the show

Our photos said...

Beautiful necklace.

jacaranda said...

Lovely necklaces and a happy day to spend with a friend.

Jeanie said...

This looks like a fun time and I love the finished piece!

Leonore Winterer said...

What a fun class! Did you stretch the fabric onto those round plastic shapes? What are they called? I've been thinking to make a cross stitched necklace, and those look perfect for the job.