Sunday, June 2, 2019

UFO Update

If you are a one-at-a-time stitcher, this post might make you cringe.  I have quite a few UFO's (UnFinished Objects) in my stitching boxes.  From time to time, I post about those projects.  I'm happy to say I've actually finished some of the projects on previous lists/posts.  I've added more since my last post about them and decided it was time to pull them out and take a look. I'm not including my recent WIP's - Works In Progress, just my neglected projects. Maybe I'll get back to work on these soon.


The House Quilt - I haven't worked on this in quite a while. It still needs a few more borders before it will be ready to make into a quilt.



This is my Royal School of Needlework (RSN) Knot Garden.  I haven't worked on this in at least three years.




Another RSN canvas project.  I last worked on it in 2014, I think.



This is an album ribbon-embroidery small wall quilt.



This is a miniature chair cushion on silk gauze.  I pull it out from time to time and put a few stitches.  In case you are wondering, it measures a little over an inch square.



This is a stumpwork project.  I still have to do the pansies and the butterfly.




This may be my oldest UFO.  It is an EGA correspondence course project.  I started it and obviously thought I'd finish it in 1997.




The Paisley Purse, I do like this project and want to finish it someday.



This is a hardanger project with a counting mistake.



Originally this was to be a wall quilt.  Maybe I'll use the blocks for something else.




Another hardanger project with a counting mistake.



The silk gauze cat - cute and maybe not so much to do to finish it.



This is an applique project from a class I took at the Houston International Quilt Show.



Mary Queen of Scots - it's been a year or two since I worked on her. Maybe all she needs are her jewels.



Kogin - I do work on this from time to time, but it has been a while.  It must be time to work on it again!




Watermelon Chicken Scratch - I forgot all about this! It does have a counting mistake, but I could easily fix it.



Midnight Mystery Quilt - is ready to be quilted.



Dogwood Afghan - I last worked on this in March, which isn't that long ago, but I only put a few stitches in at that time, so it's still an old one.





The Hexagon Tree Wall Quilt - it's been at least two years since I worked on this.  I think I started it before I began the temperature quilts and it sunk to the bottom of the pile since then, unfortunately.  It would be nice to hang on the wall come December.



I might have more than this, but these are the ones I could easily find.  It's nice to see some of these projects again. Maybe I'll get back to work on one of them this week.


9 comments:

Linda said...

Great projects Pamela. I'm looking forward to seeing you work on them. I wish that was all the UFO's that I have.

Linda

Queeniepatch said...

Wow! Isn't it nice to meet up with old friends again?!
With so many choices, which one will you pick to start working on? I'd probably go for the one that has least work left and try to finish it off...

kiwikid said...

You have lots of wonderful projects there, maybe inspiration will strike and you will be inspired to get some finishes.

Vireya said...

I wish I was a one-at-a-time stitcher! Unfortunately I have a list of UFOs too, so need to do a lot of work to clear them all before I can concentrate on just one new project at a time.

Good luck with finishing some of your UFOs!

Janie said...

You've got a nice variety there. Cycling projects, I think, is a good thing. And the colors are cheerful in your Christmas Hexagon quilt.

Lisa J. said...

I really like your houses quilt at the top of the list there...and like you I have a midnight mystery waiting to be quilted.....actually I have lots of things waiting to be quilted.

Jeanie said...

I adore this post, Pamela. Partly because it makes me feel less bad about my UFOs! You have some gorgeous work there and I know you'll have a wonderful feeling of accomplishment and many beautiful things to add to your collections when done. I truly don't know how you do all you do!

Julie said...

Lovely selection, the ribbon embroidery and stumpwork particularly caught my eye.

Leonore Winterer said...

I think there are some in there I haven't seen before, but also a lot I remember from years past. I'm curious which you will pick up to work on next, there are quite a few I'd like to see return!