Monday, June 24, 2019

Monday Morning Star Count - Butterflies and Week 7

My friend Rhoda sent me this link for making hexagon butterflies. I made one with bali fabrics and started another with Japanese fabrics. I haven't decided on the outside fabric for the second one yet.  I will stitch these to something else.






Year Three of the temperature quilt  

Week 7 

June 9 - 15  

66, 63, 72, 70, 77, 79, 64






I am reporting the high temperature each day.  My Year Three temperature/color (Fahrenheit) scheme remains the same: 

100 + Brown 

90-99 Red  

80-89 Orange 

70-79 Yellow  

60-69 Green  

50-59 Blue 

40-49 Purple 

30-39 Pink 

20-29 White 

10-19 Black  

You can see my finished Year One Quilt here.

8 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

That's a fun way to use hexagons. The hexagon shape is a bit like LEGO, can be made into so many shapes.
I know that Japanese fabric!

Janie said...

A hexagon butterfly, beautiful idea! I like the Bali fabric.
Great work.

Mia said...

Wow, Pamela! What a great idea! I lllllllove your butterflies!!!!!!!! I am going to visit the link you share with us now. Hugs, my dear friend.

DUTA said...

Hexie butterflies! How awsome! I love butterflies, the hexagonal shape, and your art work.

diamondc said...

Pamela: What a grand idea, the temp quilt pieces look wonderful as butterflies.

Catherine

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Cool butterfly idea. Gosh, your weather temps are just about perfect. Nice to be outside in 70s degree weather.
xx, Carol

Manuela said...

The butterfly are wonderful.

Leonore Winterer said...

I love how versatile those hexies are - the butterflies look great.