Monday, July 15, 2024

Sea Day and Monday Morning Star Count

Today is the national holiday Sea Day or Umi no Hi in Japan. It is observed on the third Monday in July, in accordance with the Happy Monday holiday system. As Japan is an island country, it is a day to be thankful for the sea and its blessings. 


I am slowly quilting the hexagon bedspread, but it is probably boring to look at what looks like the same thing each week.  I am making progress!  I am also continuing to make more hexagons for the flip edge. I haven't counted how many more I need, but it is a lot more.


5 comments:

Jeanie said...

I realy like your Monday holidays!

Queeniepatch said...

I Spy With My Little Eye a tin full of hexagon cookies with lots of flavours.

diamondc said...

What a fun name for a day, Sea Day, I like it.
Love seeing how your Hexies are progressing, I am looking forward to seeing the whole quilt finished.

Catherine

Leonore Winterer said...

I'm a little jealous, we won't have another public holiday until October! But you are making good use of the day off I'm sure :)

Toki said...

You are the queen of hexagonal flowerr after all.
👑