Wednesday, July 24, 2013

TAST 74 - Zig Zag Chain

This week’s TAST on Sharon B’s Pintangle blog is the Zig Zag Chain stitch. My sample includes #5 perle (dark blue), two rows back to back with #8 perle (medium blue), and #12 perle (yellow).

  


This is a stitch I like and have used before. Here is a small line (green floss), with an added chain stitch going out to the right on my recently finished penny purse.

 
This little yellow line is on the back wall of my “Crazy World” bird house.



This seam is on the Victorian bag. I've added other stitches to the right of this zig zag chain too.
 


I had a busy day yesterday and didn’t put all that many stitches in the Kingfisher. (Maybe I'll have something to show tomorrow.)  I’m teaching some extra English classes over the summer at the children’s English school where I work part time, substituting for some other part time teachers who are on vacation. Yesterday I had two classes that went really well – 4 and 5 year olds in one and 7 and 8 year olds in the other.  I also had one class of 3 year olds that did not go well at all.  There were only three of them, but it started with two of them giving me the crossed arm sign (meaning no) and the third who just woke up from a nap, all refusing to repeat the vocabulary or say anything at all in English.  I was happy that that was the first class and the next two were better.

2 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

I know very well how hard it can be, and how enjoyable it can be, to teach small Japanese children. You just have to accept that they are moodier and more spontaneous than older kids and adults.
The Zig-zag Chain stitch is one I haven't done in ages and it will be fun to do. You have a lot of examples to share. Great!

Wendy said...

what a lovely sample...I have been browsing through your blog...how lovely to be in Japan...my dad was stationed there when he was in the navy...my dream is to one day be able to visit there...