Lesson 2: I should have read the directions for this project better. It called for 36 hexagons, which is what I used. What I didn’t read was the size – 2 cm hexagons. Mine are 26 mm size hexagons, so it’ll turn out a little bigger than the little pouch in the Quilting on the Go! book.
Lesson 3: I didn’t plan the order of putting the hexagons together very well. The paper pieces need to stay in place until all sides are stitched. I ended up folding some of the in place paper pieces to be able to stitch them together. It worked out, but wasn’t ideal.
I’ve picked out a blue-ish gray floral cotton print for the lining. I haven’t picked out the binding fabric yet.
I’m already cutting cotton fabric for my next project. I hope to have something done to report next week. I'm just a beginner at this, but you can check out the projects of other stitchers at Life Under Quilts.