Surprisingly I have progress this week. I stitched quite a bit the day before the surgery, when I was just waiting. I also stitched a little before leaving the hospital. I have just a little more to stitch on this mitten (front and back). I used Caron Watercolors for the main part of the mitten, and RG Splendor for the red.
I started another mitten with another Watercolors that has bigger color changes. I thought I would work the stitch across instead of up and down because of the color changes, but that didn't work out. I'll abandon this attempt.
Now that I'm home I have other things to work on so I might make just one mitten. Or, I might start another with some other thread. We'll see.