Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Quilts by Bisa Butler

I recently read about a quilt artist named Bisa Butler on a site that I read frequently called TreeHugger.com.  This Brooklyn, NY based textile artist creates her quilts using vintage and repurposed fabrics. To quote Ms. Butler - "We have enough 'stuff' in the world - let's reuse and repurpose what we already have." She highlights the richness of African American culture through her quilts, as well as striving to bring environmental consciousness in her material choices.







I think her work is amazing!  Have you heard of her or seen her work before?


7 comments:

kiwikid said...

I haven't heard of this lady before, such beautiful works of art.

jacaranda said...

A new quilter to me, they are amazing.

Vireya said...

Amazing use of colour!

Julie said...

She's new to me. What a talent she has, such vibrancy and detail.

Leonore Winterer said...

I had never heard of her, but the stuff looks great!

Radka said...

I agree - amazing!
xx

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Unique and colorful. I have never heard of this artist or seen her work before. She has a marvelous talent.
xx, Carol