Friday, April 6, 2012

Does Hair Grow Faster in Hokkaido?

When I arrived in Hokkaido, Ted said he thought his hair and beard were growing faster since he’d been here (two months at that time). I just laughed about it.  While it makes sense that people who live in cold climates have more hair, it must take generations for that to happen, like the blind cave fish, right? 
I’ve cut Ted’s hair for years and in the US, I’d do it every 3 or 4 weeks.  Now it seems like a week after I cut it, it needs to be cut again.  And, there are a lot of barber shops and hair salons in Hokkaido. It seems like there are more barber shops than people.





Could it be true?  If his bald spot fills in, I’ll be convinced – Hair grows faster in Hokkaido.


1 comment:

Kathryn Farrago said...

I'll be convinced too :-)