Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Party Favors

I found out yesterday that the luncheon ladies can come to my home for lunch on Sunday. The five from last week plus one more will be coming.  I think I’m going to make and serve some American salad foods, like potato salad and macaroni salad and maybe chicken salad and deviled eggs. I have a couple of days to think about it.

I decided I needed some little favor that they could take home.  When I belonged to the Shawnee Quilt Guild we had pot luck luncheons twice a year and there would always be a favor to take home.  I remember a little fabric snowman pin and a chicken pin cushion and a quilted mini-stocking ornament. The value wasn't the item; the value was the memory of a fun luncheon with people I liked.  So, what could I make?  It had to be something small and not too time consuming.  I decided to make twelve little yoyo pins with buttons and beads. I couldn’t just make six because someone else might come at the last minute.  Plus they aren’t all the same, so I need to have a few extra so that even the last person will have a choice.  So, twelve it is.  The button and beads make it look kind of flower-like, and I stitched a little pin backing on each. I made six yesterday and hope to complete the rest today. 
 
Tomorrow I can think about food, seating, and parking.  The little presents will be ready.

1 comment:

Margaret said...

The little yoyo brooches are beautiful. Luncheons are always fun aren't they but in Japan there are the logistics to consider. At least your guests will be well used to sitting on the floor !!