Thursday, March 7, 2013

My new Project - Ikebana

No, I’m not taking up Japanese flower arranging.  The Ikebana I’m writing about is a pulled thread sampler that was once an EGA correspondence course by lse Altherr. It consists of 15 pulled thread patterns with a flower arrangement in the center.  I had gotten as far as doing the basting and gathering the threads needed, but that’s all. The fabric is 28 count linen and the threads are DMC floss and perle cotton.

 

After one evening of stitching, I have completed the first pattern.

 

It was fun to stitch and I like how it looks.  As I’ve said before about other projects, Why didn’t I work on this sooner?  On to pattern #2….

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Oh I do like the look of this one. Pulled Thread is one of my favourite techniques.