Sunday, July 27, 2014

Cake Made in the Rice Cooker

I recently read this on RocketNews24 about how to make a green tea cake in the rice cooker, using hotcake mix.  Ted isn’t so crazy about macha but he loves chocolate, so I decided to try to make a cake with hotcake mix and chocolate. I really don’t like to cook, but this looked pretty simple.

 
Following the directions in the article, I put a 300g package of hotcake mix, along with a cup of milk and two eggs in the rice cooker. I did not add the green tea powder. After mixing it up, I put some chocolate chips in, then stirred it all up. 



After running the rice cooker one cycle, it looked like this – not done.  The article said to run it twice.  I had to run it four times!

 
 

This is how it looked when I dumped it out of the cooker.  Ted likes it and has been eating it for days now.
 

2 comments:

KimM said...

Sounds like a true adventure. It looks good…..
xxx

Janie said...

How inventive !!!! and Ted likes it, that must be good then. I like all of your ideas.