Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Big Tokyo Weekend - Quilt Show #2 Bags

Here's the second part to my Tokyo International Quilt Festival report - the bags!  I took alot more pictures of bags than this, but am only posting the ones I thought were the very most interesting.  (I know, there were many interesting ones!) I would like to post the names of the makers of these bags, but I can't because I can't read kanji.   These first three were the show winners, but not my choices.

















Which ones are your favorites?

9 comments:

NADINE said...

Aaaah, BAGS ! I'm crazy about bags... and those are so beautiful (the kitties one is my favourite :)

XOXOXO
NADINE

FlashinScissors said...

Oh, yes! I love bags! The cat bag is my favourite!
They are all quite wonderful though, thank you for showing us!
Barbara x

Lisa J. said...

These are gorgeous. I love number 1, 12 13 and 15.

Rachel said...

What gorgeous bags! My favessel are the cats, koi fish, and the lady with the blue swirl hair.....with the dinosaur not far behind.

I'm sure you were enjoying every minute of the show!

kiwikid said...

What a fantastic collection!! The cats are my fav.

Lin said...

What agreat collection of bags. I think the pineapple one is stunning and sophisticated and the dragon is fun. xx

Manuela said...

Thanks for sharing.
My favourite is the bag with the pineappleblocks.

Queeniepatch said...

Quilted bags are VERY popular in Japan. The ones people actually carry around are usually practical and sturdy, many of these made for the contest are rather pieces of Art.
My favorites are the cat bag and the fish bag, good for shopping pet food or that piece of salmon for dinner?!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

The dragon is too unique but I have no fav. Some I like less than others, but love them all. Gosh, I wanna make a bag!!!!