Friday, February 17, 2017

Simple and Functional

My friend asked if I would make a cover for her new Bible and I was happy to say yes.  My friend didn't give me any direction on what she wanted, but said she liked light blue when I ask what color she liked.  


I like a lot of embellishment, but I didn't think that would be appropriate for a Bible cover. I pieced a white cross for the front cover (which seems like the back, but it is a Japanese Bible, so back to front) and I made two handles that could be tucked in.  



I made a closure with a covered snap.  



One the inside cover, I made a small pocket and put some little post-its inside.  


I also stitched three thin ribbons to the center to use as markers.  


I hope she likes it!

13 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

The little pocket was a great idea. The planner I used last year had a pocket on the inside cover, but I couldn't find one like it this year. I miss having a pocket. Bet your friend loved her cover.
xx, Carol

kiwikid said...

Beautiful cover Pamela, I am sure your friend will love it.

NADINE said...

Oh, I'm sure she will like it ! It's really lovely and very cleverly made :)

In stitches,
Nadine

Janie said...

Great project, nice finish, Pamela. Attractive and useful.

Anonymous said...

Hi Pamela ,what a wonderful cover you made its perfect,your friend will be very happy Pamela.

Von said...

Very well-thought out and nicely done!

Queeniepatch said...

I am sure she will be delighted. It is a clever idea for a book you read daily and often want to re-read special sections.

Lin said...

I am sure she will be very pleased with it. xx

Manuela said...

Wonderful cover.

Lisa J. said...

This is beautiful Pamela. I'm sure she will love it.

Brigitte said...

A great book cover made with lots of creative ideas, like the closure or the handles.

Leonore Winterer said...

That's a really cool book cover! I should look into making something like this; carrying around books is sometimes scary if they are not properly covered!

geeky Heather said...

That is a beautiful and thoughtful cover; I am sure she will love it!