Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Umi-Shibaura Station - In Person

I didn't travel for two years because of the pandemic, but I still thought about travelling and researched places I wanted to go. I wrote about Umi-Shibaura here. Things are pretty safe in Japan right now and I decided I was ready to travel again.  Things might not be so good next month. I got up early on Saturday and walked to my local train station to buy the Seishun Ju Hachi Kippu (cheap ticket for local trains). The current cost is 12,050 yen for five days travel.



Several trains and hours later, I arrived. The train station is literally on the edge of the sea. After walking up and down the platform and taking a few pictures, I got back on the train and the train left again. It was interesting and I'm glad I went.







I'll have another post about my weekend adventure soon!

7 comments:

Vireya said...

That is such a unique place, I'm glad you got to go there in person at last!

Looking forward to seeing where else you went with your 5-day ticket.

Queeniepatch said...

You certainly practised the 3Cs, and stayed safe with a very early train. What a beautiful view of urban Japan from the platform.
I hope there will be many more safe chances of travel from now on. Let's keep our fingers crossed that Omicron never immigrates and comes to settle in Japan. The few cases we've had have been nipped in the bud, luckily.

Anonymous said...

You carefully carried out the journey you drew over half a year ago.
Restricted station in a special place. The number of trains going to this station is also small. But you took a nice photo back.

The scenery you saw at the station,the scents and sounds you heard,what you felt. It's all your treasure.
Thank you for the souvenirs in the photo.

diamondc said...

Pamela: I am so happy to hear you are able to get out again, I hope you have many more fun trips.

Catherine

Jeanie said...

I'm so glad you got out. Yes, you grab those oppotunities while you can. I love that the train stops and runs right by the sea!

kiwikid said...

Good to hear you are able to get out and have a look around again.

Leonore Winterer said...

I'm glad you're getting to do some traveling again. I agree, in these uncertain times we never know what things will look like a week from now, so it's better to take the chance while things are relatively safe!