Saturday, August 20, 2022

Walk Back to Tokyo Station

After visiting Yasukuni Shrine, I decided it was time to head back to Tokyo Station and go home.


I passed by Kudanzaka Park. I was lucky this day that I saw very few people. It was a week day and was hot, so maybe people were working or staying inside to stay cool.







I hadn't planned this, but I saw the Imperial Palace/Edo Castle grounds on my right, so I was excited about that.







I didn't know I would be able to enter the grounds but was pleased to see this sign.  There was security, but they just looked in my bag and waved me in.



















Since I had to go back to the station anyway, it was a nice walk to get there. I knew I needed to get out of the garden/park somewhere, but I wasn't sure where. When I tried to check Google Maps, it didn't know where I was either. I wasn't on a time schedule, so I just kept walking and found my way to the station.









What a great day!  Going to Tokyo is a little scary now because of the number of Covid infections, but I felt safe and had a wonderful day.

5 comments:

Vireya said...

The Imperial Family's gardens were a lovely bit of serendipity!

Toki said...

Yasukunishrine, Kudanzaka park,and the Imperial Palace are all my favorite places.
If was next to you, we would both be excited.

I can imagine your heart pounding when you went to the Imperial Palace.

Coronavirus is spreading again in Japan.
But you acted alone.
And I think you were wearing a mask even in the intense heat..
It is very correct travel style in Japan today.

I am glad that you had a wonderful trip.😊

Leonore Winterer said...

Hey, I think those are the same gardens we visited out last day in Tokyo! That a beautiful place.

kiwikid said...

That is a beautiful place to visit.

roughterrain crane said...

I have visited there more than ten years ago. Really good place to know the history.