Thursday, July 27, 2023

Crown Princess Kiko Tested Positive for Covid-19

 


Covid is still infecting people across Japan.  Several people I know personally were infected in the last week. 


Yesterday I read that Crown Princess Kiko tested positive. The Imperial Household Agency said she will rest at her residence until the end of the week.  Her husband, Crown Prince Fumihito (brother of the Emperor) and their children, Princess Kako and Prince Hisahito, have tested negative. She has cancelled her attendance at ceremonies through Sunday. 


Many people want to downplay covid, but I am still taking it seriously and want to avoid becoming infected. I wish the best for the Crown Princess and her recovery.

5 comments:

Terra said...

I wish a quick recovery for the Crown Princess and that her family is not infected.

Toki said...

Princess Kiko’s coronavirus infection seems to be cured by home treatment and seems to be mild. I hope you rest and recover.
Like you, I haven't my guard against the coronavirus.😠

Queeniepatch said...

It is nice to go without a face mask in the summer heat, but it IS unwise. That Princess Kiko got infected proves that no one is safe. I am sure the imperial household is kept spotlessly clean and sanitized, yet she got infected. It might be light, but I would not like to be ill in this heat. I can certainly do without internal high temperatures when the external ones are as high as they are!
I wish the Crown Princess a speedy recovery.

diamondc said...

Hello Pamela: She sure is pretty, I hope she recovers quickly.
I have never had the vaccines and have helped many people who had covid, I was never infected, had to get tested a lot even then I was negative for all of the contacts I had.

Catherine

Leonore Winterer said...

There seems to be a bit of a new wave going on, especially in Asia. It's scary how indifferent some people have become!