Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Work In Progress Wednesday - Summer One Thread a Week Challenge

I'm so glad I decided to do this challenge.  I am making a lot of progress. 


The House - more green grass.




Snowdays - one thread where the scissors are pointing.




Scarf - two lines of fly stitch in the section where the scissors are pointing.





Cross stitch and buttons - more buttons, filling in the wings.




Virgin Queen's pocket - Betsy Morgan - one white thread where the scissors are pointing.




Dogwood Afghan - progress made where the scissors are pointing.





Mt. Fuji Pouch - Outside and inside.  Soon to be finished.




Nine Patch Quilt - I've worked on this quite a bit.  All of the nine patch blocks have been quilted with an X and around the block.  Around the white border has been quilted all around and I have just started quilting around the blue print.




Quiltworks - I added top stitching to the bottom left blue squares.





Paisley Purse - Deborah Forney  

I don't remember when I last worked on this, but this is how it looks at the start of adding it to the summer challenge.




Beginning to add beads - - -




New Start - I tacked the gift ribbons to a piece of muslin fabric, then began adding decorative stitching to the seams.  I want the stitches to show but not compete too much with the ribbons.  I'm using two strands of variegated Waterlilies silk thread (018 Peacock), which changes in color from blue to brown, for the stitching.




That's it for this week.  Progress is being made.

5 comments:

Vireya said...

It is good to see how a little bit each week is moving all these projects along!

Toki said...

Summer one thread challenge is going well.
It seems that number of works is increasing and it is evolving.
Quiltworks’ blue squares are so detailed it's amazing.😵
I can't wait to see what the ribbon will look like in the end.😉

Queeniepatch said...

You've worked on 11 (eleven)! projects this week! The one-thread-a-week project is working well! You are really making Toki's gift of ribbon sing. Lovely thread!

Jeanie said...

Lots of terrific pieces and progress on the ones I'm familiar with. I LOVE your new ribbon project.

Leonore Winterer said...

Great progress! These ribbons look like a really fancy band sampler.