Thursday, March 21, 2024

Bunka Gakuen Costume Museum

Several years ago, one of my students gave me this English museum guide book. It is a beautiful book with color photos, arranged by area of Japan. It has all the information needed to visit the museums, including access from train stations and web addresses. I often look at it, even when I am not planning to go anywhere.




With the seishun 18 kippu (five day ticket for local trains for 12,050 yen), I could go to Tokyo and back in a day, so I decided to visit the Bunka Gakuen Costume Museum in Tokyo.



Photos were not allowed in the museum, but this is what it looks like from the outside. The admission fee is 500 yen and the exhibit area is on the second floor.



Afterwards, I went out to an Indian restaurant for lunch.




It was a rainy day, but I enjoyed my little getaway to the city.

3 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

It's a fantastic museum, isn't it? I went there recently, but saw another exhibition.
It's a pity photography is not allowed.

Toki said...

The museum you went to is that of Bunka Fashion College, which is famous in Japan. I was surprised that they even visited the museum of the vocational school. Maybe you're a Japanese castle, art museum, and museum geek. Otaku are amazing because they know everything about their of interest.✨

Leonore Winterer said...

Sounds (and looks!) like you had fun in Tokyo! What a handy book to have for an explorer like you.