Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Work In Progress Wednesday

New Start - Christmas Treasures Afghan 

This is a very old Dimensions kit. I don't remember when I bought it, but obviously before I moved to Japan. The date on the package is 2001 and the price tag says Hobby Lobby $36.17. When I opened it I was surprised at how small the afghan is.  I started stitching the first square of 14 squares.





Japanese pattern 7



The Quiltmaker - after my previous post about this piece, I saw I made a major counting mistake. I'm slowly unstitching. I have to go back to the pin.



And finally,  I made a little cord controller for my iron. Simple but effective.


5 comments:

Lyn Warner said...

Sorry about the unpicking. It looks like very fine fabric too.
I like the simple card controller. Great idea!

Queeniepatch said...

I am always amazed at how many old kits you have in your stock! You must have shipped a lot of embroidery goods when you moved to Japan.
Unpicking is no fun, but once the embroidery is correctly done, you have been rewarded and feel happy.
The Japanese pattern does look very Japanese in spite of being done in Cross Stitch and not sashiko.

jocondine said...

Great start! (I can't explain why but I feel weird to stitch Xmas pattern not in winter). I love the idea of the cord controller, very clever. xxx

Toki said...

I like your “I don't remember when I bought it” statement.😄
When I look at Japanese pattern 7 for a long time, it looks three-dimensional.
I often fail and backtrack, but I like the process of starting over from where I made a mistake. Do you like it?
The cord controller is very functional and looks cute.

Leonore Winterer said...

Oh, that new start looks fun, and just n tiem to finish by Chritmas I guess ;)