Sunday, September 1, 2024

Arrested For Calling Police



Why do people do this? 


Saitama prefectural police arrested a 69 year old man on suspicion of obstructing police in the performance of their duties.  He called Kawaguchi Police Station more than 1,300 times in one month, using abusive language and making complaints. NHK reported that Yoshio Shimada called the police station 1,307 times from his mobile phone. He had been warned by police about making similar calls previously. When arrested, Mr. Shimada said "I think I called too many times." 


Do you think he is mentally ill, or lonely, or did he have legitimate complaints? Does he have family members or friends? Will he continue to do this?  Sad situation, in my opinion.

4 comments:

diamondc said...

Pamela: I think it is a little of both lonely plus a bit of mental illness, so sad this has happened, I was a Reserve Officer for Buffalo, Mn Police Dept for 6 years and 10 years for the Wright County Sheriffs Office, we had calls like this from very lonely people.

Catherine

Jeanie said...

I'd put my money on mentally ill/impulse control. It's very common. He needs help, not being arrested.

Queeniepatch said...

This kind of behaviour is getting more common. I think it should be taken seriously so we can find out the cause and what preventative measures are needed.
The good thing is that he called the Police - they now understand how frustrating it is when ordinary people or smaller companies are targeted.

Leonore Winterer said...

I hate making phone calls, so I can't even imagine calling somewhere 40 times a day!