Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Work In Progress Wednesday

EGA Drawn Thread Sampler progress. 


I can't remember when I last worked on this.  I pulled it out this week and worked Drawn Thread Border #9 (where the scissors are pointing).




Kogin Four Seasons progress - Spring Section

I stitched the first part with the Olympus variegated green.  The other chosen colors are purple, pink, and yellow. I’m using solid yellow, solid purple, and a variegated pink to purple, all Olympus threads. 



Toki, who blogs at 私がめがねをかけるときand I are both stitching this kogin piece. (She blogs in Japanese, but there is a translation button on the top left under the title, if you don’t read Japanese.) 



Summertime  Mt. Fuji progress - I finished the wispy clouds (I think) and added a few sequins to the mountain to try to give the mountain some depth. The brown pinned thing will be a pine tree (Miho no Matsubara) and the orange pinned square will be Sengen Taisha Shrine. All of these sites are part of the Mt. Fuji UNESCO designation.



Just a reminder, if you live in Japan - domestic postage increases on October 1st.  You still have a few days if you want to mail something before the increase. 

2 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

Does PA 97 mean that you started the drawn thread sampler project in 1997?
I love the colourful Kogin - actually, it reminds me of a Japanese abacus!

Toki said...

Koginsashi is progressing smoothly. As expected, work is fast. wonderful!
The use of colors looks very nice.😉I think pulling the strings is also becoming your specialty.