Sunday, December 22, 2013

Another Big Adventure

We're leaving this morning on a holiday trip.  I've kitted up a couple of projects to work on while we're away.  Except for stitching while waiting at the airport, I don't usually get a lot done while on vacation, but this trip may be an exception, so I have to be ready. 

The first project is one of the pears from Samplers and Santas.  I stitched several of them earlier this year and want to do all twelve, then finish them alike.  The one I've chosen has only three colors of thread and no little details, so it should be easy to work on.

The second project is a little kogin needlebook from Caro-Rose-Creations blog.  Since this is my first practice project in this technique, I've decided to use a piece of 18 count blue even weave and DMC floss from my stash.  If this goes well, I'll pull out the real kogin supplies for my next project.

The third project has several components - a little bag and matching little toolie things.  The pattern and directions were a gift from my friend Rhoda.  I've opted for a different color scheme than the pattern and prepared linen for the toolie things. It calls for beads, but I won't be bringing them along. When I get the little toolie things done, I can work on the bag at a later time.


I don’t know if I will have any kind of internet access while we are gone, so I’ve pre-written some blog posts and scheduled them to publish while I’m gone.  Hopefully it will happen like it is supposed to because I don’t know if I can check on it. You can be sure I will take a lot of photos and will be happy to tell you all about the trip when we return. 

Ja matta!

2 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

Have a wonderful holiday trip, enjoy resting and being active with needle and camera. Looking forward to your 'timed' blog posts.
Merry Christmas and All the Best for 2014.

Sun City Stitcher said...

Enjoy your Holiday!!!