Monday, December 2, 2013

Monday Morning Star Count - 222

This week I completed six more flowers and joined up a few more flower clumps.  I should be able to make another bed length strip soon.

 
Even with a lot more to do, I’m already thinking about how the quilt will go together.  As soon as I figure out what the total size is, I can begin looking for batting and pick the fabrics for the backing and binding.  So far the fabrics have been entirely out of my stash and I’m planning find the backing and binding from there too. I want to hand quilt it.  Is it going to be more than I can handle?

2 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

Trust you to have some progress to show on Monday morning! Lovely to see.
My experience is that quilting 'in the ditch' is hard on these hexagon pieces as there is so much fabric tucked underneath. I'd go for quilting only in the centre and maybe some stitches to fix the joints to the backing, maybe tying or colonial knots?
Have fun!

Jessica said...

I am amazed at how far you've come! Of course you can handle finishing it! gambare!!