Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Work In Progress Wednesday - a Mystery and a Pin Cushion

Merry Christmas!  Christmas is not a holiday in Japan, but people observe it themselves or not.  Many businesses put up a Christmas tree. Most families have Christmas cake and quite a few have fried chicken. Christmas Eve is known as a date night, maybe like a Valentine's Day.  Those who are Christian (a very small percentage of the Japanese population) observe it as the reigious holiday.


This week, I finished Pre-Stitch Part 2 of the NYE Mystery SAL at Magical's Quilts. There's still time to join in if you like a good mystery.







I finished the felt wrist pin cushion with the stitch group.




9 comments:

Janie said...

Merry Christmas Pam!
Nice progress and beautiful finish on your felt wrist pincushion.
Have a great day.

Beth in IL said...

Nice finish on the wrist pin thingy....I love it.

pandalen said...

Merry Christmas Pam

kiwikid said...

Merry Christmas Pamela, beautiful wrist pincushion.

Pink Rose said...

Merry Xmas Pamela xx

Queeniepatch said...

All the best for the holidays and the new year.

Ann said...

I just read about the Japanese tradition of KFC for Christmas. I love your wrist pincushion and need to consider one for myself. Merry Christmas.

Jeanie said...

When we asked our Japanese friends what kinds of things to bring as omiage they said, "Please bring Christmas decorations or things." We took lots of towels and potholders and small things!

I'm just catching up now after a week of off-blog. I hope your day was lovely, even if you had to work.

Leonore Winterer said...

I hope you had a great Christmas :)