Monday, December 2, 2019

Monday Morning Star Count - Week 30

One day this week, I said to a student, "It's chilly out today."  He looked confused, so I asked if he knew the word "chilly".  He said yes, it's something you eat. I love these teaching opportunities.  I wrote CHILI and CHILLY on the board.  I said Chili is good to eat on a Chilly day.  It gave us the chance to talk about words that describe temperature and chili ingredients (as well as what the word ingredient means).


Year Three of the temperature quilt  

Week 30 

November 17 - 23 

64, 70, 66, 59, 59, 50, 55







I am reporting the high temperature each day.  My Year Three temperature/color (Fahrenheit) scheme remains the same: 

100 + Brown 

90-99 Red  

80-89 Orange 

70-79 Yellow  

60-69 Green  

50-59 Blue 

40-49 Purple 

30-39 Pink 

20-29 White 

10-19 Black  

You can see my finished Year One Quilt here.

4 comments:

diamondc said...

Pamela: I had to giggle at the chilly comment.
Beautiful color combination.

Catherine

roughterrain crane said...

That was really a good chance to study English.
I don't want to have dessert in a desert.

Queeniepatch said...

This is a real teaching opportunity, and the best way for learning, too. I am sure the student will remember that lesson and always think of chili when it is cold outside, and chilly when he eats spicy food!
Your blue fabric is fabulous!

Leonore Winterer said...

Your little teaching anecdotes are so fun and your temperatures so cold! Also, I'm craving some chili now...