Sunday, March 1, 2020

Lunch at Ume no Hana

My friend, her mother, and I planned to go to the Shizuoka Quilt Festival yesterday, but it was cancelled because of the Corona Virus (Covid-19).  We decided to still go out to lunch and my friend chose Ume no Hana.  She called ahead to reserve and order the meal for us.  She thoughtfully informed the restaurant I didn't eat meat (fish ok) and the restaurant made some substitutions for me. It was a wonderful Japanese meal, and I can't believe I ate it all! I didn't know what all of the things were, but many were tofu.


Restaurant entrance

First this two tiered box arrived. The menu is the paper at the top of the place mat - top to bottom, right to left, fancy kanji.






Salad is on the left and steamed custard on the right.  At the bottom of the steamed custard was mochi and the seed of a ginko.




Next a tofu soup was heated on an electric burner on the table.  It was ready when the liquid turned white.






And the dishes kept coming.





This was brown rice with oysters and mushrooms.



Daikon pickle dish




Dessert was a tiny scoop of ice cream.




A wonderful lunch with two lovely ladies.



12 comments:

DUTA said...

The dishes look very esthetique and delicious. A pleasure to look at and eat.

SUWA said...

I like this restaurant,too!
Delicious and beautiful and healthy��

Jen L said...

Looks so delicious!

Queeniepatch said...

You did indeed eat a lot, but everything thing is low in calories and high in nutrition. I bet it was high in taste, too!

kiwikid said...

The food looks amazing and is presented beautifully, lovely day out for you.

Vireya said...

That looks like a wonderful meal, and a lovely outing with friends.

Janie said...

How fun, it's like art for lunch!

jacaranda said...

Beautifully presented meal and I love the square box at the start of the meal.

roughterrain crane said...

I love "tofu ryori", too.

Julie said...

You meal does look so nicely presented, I hope it was as good as it looks.

Jeanie said...

The Japanese always have the most beautiful way of serving food. I remember that even more than the flavors! This looks like the loveliest lunch.

Leonore Winterer said...

I love the Japanese way of serving tiny bowls of lots of different things. I like to try new things!