Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Work In Progress Wednesday and Culture Day

Today is a national holiday in Japan - Culture Day. This holiday is held every year on November 3rd to honor traditional Japanese culture and to promote the arts and educational endevours.  It has been a public holiday since 1948, having been established in the Japanese Constitution in 1946. 


I finished the stitching on this piece.  Next will be to finish it into something.



Puppy Love



The Scarf



A New Project  



Because it is a holiday, I expect to spend time stitching today.

6 comments:

kiwikid said...

Wonderful progress and lovely projects Pamela.

Vireya said...

You have a public holiday to celebrate culture, and yesterday we had a public holiday for a horse race. I think I'd rather be celebrating arts and traditional culture!

Queeniepatch said...

I will also try to stitch a bit more than I usually have time for. It will have to be after work though as any national holiday in Japan is a working day for me. I will also spend time enjoying culture in some form, listening to music and leaf through an art book, I guess.

Jeanie said...

I love that first piece. The colors and stitching are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to the future of all the works. Did you make a lot of Progress today?
I organized the receipts I had accumulated while listening to the radio program on Culture Day.

Leonore Winterer said...

I wish we had a holiday like this - lovely stitching!