Saturday, November 13, 2021

Changing

 


This is the view of Mt. Fuji from my apartment. The autumn skies are clearer than summer's and the snow is growing.  The evenings are getting cooler. The seasons are changing.


In Japan, the percentage of people fully vaccinated is increasing and the number of new infections is drastically decreasing. I'm thinking it is safe to travel in Japan again. (Still wearing a mask, of course). My friends and I are making arrangements to meet again.  Community events are back on calendars. I hestitate to say we are getting back to normal, because I know the next wave of the pandemic could be just around the corner if we are not vigilant. I really do think things are changing though.

7 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

I can feel the change in the air, too, but will stay on guard and take it easy. No travelling planned for the year end for example. I hope you have a lovely time on your trip.
As you know I can see Mt Fuji, too from my home in Tokyo. It is so beautiful these days when the air is dry and sunny. Especially the evening silhouette is amazing.

crazyQstitcher said...

How beautiful it must be to see Mt Fuji so close and awesome.

kiwikid said...

Good to hear. The mountain is spectacular.

Vireya said...

I went to my first indoor quilting get-together today. Everyone had to be fully vaccinated to attend. I still felt a bit nervous being among so many people, but it was great to catch up with people I have missed.

Julie Fukuda said...

My cub scout gatherings have been going on with many outdoor events. Church is back with limited attendance and singing softly is allowed with a suitable mask. Taking trains can be a bit tricky since my nearest line is a smaller train, so crowds up quickly, and having the windows open makes unbelievable noise. Quilting group and choir may still be a long way off.

Jeanie said...

It sounds like things are getting better. I hope so!

Leonore Winterer said...

I'm glad you are starting to feel safe again. Enjoy it while you can, we are heading into the worst wave so far and I am glad about every adventure I had this summer! But fingers crossed things will turn out better in Japan.