Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Work In Progress Wednesday

 New Project - the Mini Torso  

A local bead artist, who is the wife of one of my students, encourged me to stitch one of these little beaded dresses.  These mini torso dresses are her specialty.  I ordered several of the little dress forms from a Japanese company called tutu. The company also sells bead dress kits, but I only bought the dress forms because I have many beads and many ideas for how to make the dress. The company promptly sent my order and I had it in only two or three days. I should be able to finish this one soon.

Front

Back

Another new bead project - beaded ornament ball




And a little more cross stitch




7 comments:

Jeanie said...

This is darling, Pamela. And so intricate. Beautifully done!

Vireya said...

The bead dress is sweet, but I don't think I would wear it in real life!

You always have interesting projects on the go.

Julie Fukuda said...

I have done a lot of native american beading, mostly to be worn. I have a beautiful bead doily made by a friend, but it is hard to set something on top, and it doesn't keep its shape if touched. At least the bead dress stays in shape as long as it has a model.

Queeniepatch said...

That's a fun dress! So I am sure you will have plenty of fashion items to show us in WIPW reports to come. Is the glass ball ornament for Christmas?

Mylene said...

The beaded dress is just so cute. I am sure the beaded ornament ball will looks great.
Lovely color of your stitching project.

crazyQstitcher said...

Clever idea to make those mini forms for beading. Your dress is charming- I look forward to more...and the finished ball. Love the Cross stitch design and tones.

Leonore Winterer said...

A friend of mine makes a lot of these beaded dresses, sometimes really elaborate. You're is quite impressive for a first try!