Saturday, March 11, 2023

Mt. Fuji Coca-Cola


In 2017, Coca-Cola began packaging its product in special limited-edition bottles, showcasing some of Japan's top sightseeing destinations. These special bottles were only available in the cities showcased. The new Mt. Fuji design, called Coca-Cola Slim Bottle Japanese Pattern Design, is available all around the country, with the exception of Okinawa. 


The bottle shows the giant wave and Mt. Fuji, which are two of the main motifs from The Great Wave off Kanagawa, a woodblock print created in 1831 by Japanese ukiyoe artist Katsushika Hokusai (1760-1849). The 250 milliliter bottle sells for 125 yen. 


I haven't seen the bottle in my local stores yet. I probably won't buy one when I do see it. What do you think?  Would you buy one as a collector's item or just to drink the cola?

6 comments:

Margaret said...

I’d like to see one but no, I wouldn’t buy one as a souvenir. Perhaps you will be tempted when you see one in real life?

Lyndle said...

It’s a fun idea.. but I wouldn’t buy one for myself. I try to buy ny drinks in cans as I hope it’s better for the planet. Do you know why they’re not available in Okinawa?

Jeanie said...

If I was traveling to Japan I would probably buy one to take home... but if I lived there, maybe not.

Queeniepatch said...

I am happy to read about these bottles, so thank you for sharing this information. I would not buy a bottle though, as I have no wish to collect it or drink the contents..

Toki said...

When I see a product, I think “Oh!”. But it's not zero sugar, so I won't buy it.

Leonore Winterer said...

Steffi bought one of these (well, the edition that was sold in 2019) and I think we still got the bottle somewhere!