Sunday, March 5, 2023

Tokyo Ranked Second Safest City in the World for Solo Travellers

I often travel alone, and although I am very careful of my surroundings, I consider cities to be the most dangerous areas.  Overall Japan is considered a safe place to live and travel, but cities everywhere seem to be dangerous.  I was happy to read that Tokyo is ranked second in the Travel Safety Index for Solo Travellers conducted by the UK's Post Office. The survey ranks features such as crime rate, total number of police officers, healthcare standards, internet connectivity, road traffic mortality rates,  and food hygiene ratings.  Here is the full top ten list.

1. Seattle, USA
2. Tokyo, Japan
3. Portland, USA
4. Vancouver, Canada
5. Copenhagen, Denmark
6. Oslo, Norway
7. Cairo, Egypt
8. Dublin, Ireland
9. Zurich, Switzerland
10. Singapore


What do you think?  Have you been to any of these cities? Do you agree with the results?


4 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

I am not surprised that Tokyo ranks so high, nor that Stockholm is not listed!

Toki said...

From a global perspective, Tokyo is a safe
city.
I live in a provincial city in Japan, but recently I feel uneasy about seeing crime news all over Japan so often.
Even in Japan,I want you to enjoy your trip without walking alone late at night or going to a lonely place where there are no people.

You know Japan well, so I think you'll be fine.😌

Jeanie said...

I'm VERY surprised about Seattle!

Leonore Winterer said...

I think I'd feel safe traveling alone in Tokyo. Dublin though didn't seem all that nice to me when we went there 5 years ago!