Saturday, March 25, 2023

Tsuruga Train Festival

Last weekend, I had a four day weekend off from work. Saturday and Sunday were the weekend, Monday was a holiday from February (the Emperor's birthday) that my company moved to March, and Tuesday was Spring Equinox Holiday. I traveled from my home in Shizuoka Prefecture to western Japan, going through Shizuoka, Aichi, Gifu, and Fukui prefectures the first day. It was a rainy day, but the rain had stopped by the time I reached Tsuruga where I spent the first night. I was surprised to see a small festival at the train station when I arrived. It was a typical, family friendly, local festival. I loved it!






Even the Bounce House was in the shape of a train.



There was plenty of hands on train stuff for all ages.




The sky was dark, but the rain held off until evening.





This is the train station.



6 comments:

Toki said...

You chose a place that is hard to reach from Shizuoka. It's a challenger.🙋Did you enjoy it?

Waiting for your trip report.

kiwikid said...

What a wonderful festival to come across.

Queeniepatch said...

When the Shinkansen trains start using this station next year there will be even more festivities, I bet.

Vireya said...

That was a fun diversion to run into on your trip.

Jeanie said...

So glad you had a little holiday! This looks like a great place to start!

Leonore Winterer said...

You always find such fun things when you travel! Looking forward to hear more about your trip.