Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Little Toolie Tuesday - the Cohana Set

 



I absolutely love this Cohana toolie set!  They are made in Japan and I received them as a gift from an American friend. The needle threader is "Iida Mizuhiki Needle Threader (Pink)".  The tiny scissors and leather case are "Mini Scissors from Seki (Winter Gold)". The marking pins are "Marking Pins with Parquet Star (Winter Gold)".  I only use these tools at home because I would be very unhappy if I took them out and then lost them. 


The brand name comes from the goddess of Japanese mythology.  Princess Konohana Sakuya is as beautiful as the flowers of cherry trees bloom, and is revered as the god of Mt. Fuji, which symbolizes Japan. (from the English version of the Japanese website.)

4 comments:

Toki said...

What a cute set of tools!
Everything is made with care.
Princess Konohana-Sakuya is relationship to you.
You have visited the Sengen Shrines in Fujinomiya City and Shizuoka City many times, haven't you?
This Princess is enshrined at Sengen Shrine. Perhaps the Princess was pleased with your visit and came to you with a full set of tools. I'm sure it is.🌸

diamondc said...

Hello Pamela: This is a beautiful set, I love the pins and the scissors are amazing.
I too would be very unhappy if I lost any of the tools.
Have a wonderful day.
Catherine

Vireya said...

What a lovely set! The Cohana web site is full of beautiful products.

Leonore Winterer said...

This is so cute - love the knot, and the pins, and the teeny tiny scissors!