Thursday, December 28, 2023

Another New KitKat Flavor - Sugar Butter Tree


 

Can you believe it?  Another new KitKat flavor! When I first saw this, I thought, What is the flavor of Sugar Butter Tree? As I looked into it more, I discovered Sugar Butter Tree is the name of a Japanese Sweets Shop which was founded in 2010. The most popular sweet of this shop is the Sugar Butter Sandwich Tree, which is "made with a unique blend of fermented butter and a special cereal dough, with a center of soft white chocolate sandwiched in between."  It seems to be similar to the wafer cookie of the KitKat candies.


These special KitKats are sold in boxes of six or twelve, and priced at 702 yen and 1,382 yen respectively. I saw them on Amazon Japan for a much higher price - six for 1980 yen! I won't be buying any at any price, but they must appeal to some people.




5 comments:

roughterrain crane said...

It sounds yummy.
All commodity prices are higher than last year.

Toki said...

For a while now, more and more Japanese people are liking butter, milk and cheese flavors. Also fresh cream. That means there must be many people who would definitely like to eat this Kitkat.
I don't eat.

Jeanie said...

Hmm. Interesting. I FINALLY found these here at our World Market, which has lots of foreign foods!

diamondc said...

Pamela: I looked up the different types of Kit Kats, there are many.
This one look like it is very sweet.

Catherine

Leonore Winterer said...

I might be interested in trying them, but not at that price!