Sunday, December 3, 2023

Birthday Party Lunch

If you've known me long, you know I love my birthday and celebrate the entire month of December. My friends invited me for a sushi birthday lunch yesterday, as they have in the past. They are always so kind. 




After eating sushi, we talked and looked at a United States map and I pointed out various things. I hadn't looked at a US map in a while and I think I had forgotten how big the country is. 


When it was time for me to leave, I was given this trio of special Japanese sweets made especially for me! On the left is Mt. Fuji with sakura petals, Miho no Matsubara (pine trees), ocean waves, and Happy Birthday.  The middle sweet is my favorite animal, complete with a bamboo snack. On the right is a mikan, a tangerine type of citrus fruit which is grown locally.







I am so thankful for the good friends I have here in Shizuoka.  I think I will stay here forever.

7 comments:

Toki said...

Your birthday month has arrived again this year.
Happy birthday, Pamela.
Your friend and family celebrate you with some great Sushi as usual.
I imagine thatthe Japanese sweets you received as a birthday present were very cute and elaborate. Feel the kindness of your friend.
Enjoy your birthday month to the fullest.🙌

Lin said...

Happy Birthday Pamela! The sushi looks delicious and the sweets miniature works of art! xx

Queeniepatch said...

Many Happy Returns of the Month!
You are lucky to have such good friends who celebrate you in style. The Japanese sweets are fantastic! The peel of the mina looks so real it can fool anyone!

Jeanie said...

Oh, I say let the celebrations continue -- and this is a fine one. You have lovely, generous friends. Can you possibly bear to eat those sweets? I'm not sure I could -- they're so cute and so intricately made, I would just want to look at them until they began attracting bugs!

Vireya said...

Happy birthday month!

Those sweets are just too cute to eat.

Astrids dragon said...

It looks like a lovely birthday celebration! The sweet treats look lovely and the panda is adorable.

Leonore Winterer said...

Happy birthday month! The sushi looks delicious and those snacks are so very cute. Did you eat them already or still keeping them to look at?